Monday, April 14, 2008

Blogging and real life



Ta da! Lookie what I did today - I met up with Hedgehog at the V&A - we had a nice few hours of chatting and browsing the exhibits - and she graciously put up with my kids for the entire time. (More on the visit to the V&A on my family blog.) One of the things we did was have a little exchange of gifties - as it happens, she was my partner in a recent bag swap organised by Barbara - so I was able to give her her bag (yes, well spotted, it's also the April Challenge Bag from the BQL Bag Challenge, made with fabrics specially chosen to suit her preferences, which were given as "bright colours") with a few other bits and pieces inside. In return, she gave me this lovely selection of goodies - homemade Lingonberry jam (very Scandinavian!) , some Finnish napkins and some Finnish chocolate. The jam is in the larder (as we have jam open already) and the napkins (great design, eh?) in the cupboard, but the chocolate, I'm afraid, is no more. Geoff liked the chili one the best, I was torn between the white and the chili, Sarah liked the white best and I think Alex liked the one with hazelnuts best. But we agreed that they were all yummy.

Also acquired at the V&A were this bag - how could I resist it, given that it's patterned with, well, patterns? I also got a little packet of Japanese stickers, which I thought might be useful for cards and so on.



I also saw a couple of other great bags in the V&A shop - the one on the left, I adore and would really like to own - it's made of woven plasticised sewing measuring tapes - isn't it fab? However, it's not £80 fab - not to me, anyway. And the bags on the right had a much lower price tag - 75p - because they were made of newspaper and rope. I almost bought some of them to use as gift bags or something but in the end, I resisted. I did, however, take a photo in case I want to attempt to make one myself in future...



And finally, I arrived home to two lovely packages - the first, from my double inchies ("twinchies") swap on FiberArtBits - aren't they lovely? A great selection of little bits, aren't they? Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet, but I will think of something, I'm sure. And on the right, a piece of hand-painted fabric and a piece of hand-made soap from the lovely Vicki - and there were three little pressed flowers included as well - a touch of Virginia spring (though I notice there are only two in the photo) - aren't bloggers really really nice?

7 comments:

artisbliss said...

I'm afraid I'd be buying the 75p bags, too. The other bag, while wonderful, is just a bit steep.

I love seeing photos of those I "know" through blogging. Looks like you had a fun day out.

Unknown said...

Hedgehog has definitely had a kidzone few days - she put up with mine for Friday afternoon too - what a hero!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great day out. Very cool that you got to meet a bloggy friend too.

sewkalico said...

Lovely bags, that pattern one is very cute (much better than the tape measure one!)

Cool that you met Hedgehog! Sound slike you girls had fun :O)

Toni said...

you both look great! Yah for meeting friends and just shopping...I bet it was soo much fun (even with the kids).

Anonymous said...

The fabric Vicki gave you was really lovely and the bag you gave excellent, I'd be smiling too if I'd gotten it.

margaret said...

Tape measure bags, well you could start collecting tape measures from Ikea....they aren't quite as graphic as the ones used for the V&A bag though.