Thursday, April 10, 2008

More beach, less sewing



There was no sewing done in the house today - well, not until this evening, when I sewed down some binding on the Four Seasons Quilt - will finish that tomorrow probably and show it then. But the lack of sewing was fine - we had a lovely day out (lots of photos over here) and I brought back a few wee treasures, which I might be able to use in future work (well, not the pebble so much - I just thought it was pretty). The kids collected many more bits and pieces, but I was going for small, relatively flat, and interesting.

Did get some nice post today - a brown postcard for an upcoming brown swap - a pineapple from Dorothy for my pineapple quilt and the newest Quilting Arts (despite them telling me I needed to renew my sub, I keep receiving it - I think they start reminding you to renew about 10 issues in advance...). I am not renewing my sub to this, or to any of my other quilting magazines - I just never seem to have time to read them and try any of the projects. Seems a waste to me. Doesn't mean i won't pick up some copies at shows, etc, but I am going to stop subscribing to them all. Probably even the online ones, though I haven't decided for certain about that yet.

4 comments:

Toni said...

ooo the brown swap is very nice!

I think it's ok to trade off from sewing to visit the beach, anyday!

artisbliss said...

I'm with you on the magazine subscriptions. It will take me 20 years to try all I want to try in the magazines I already have, not to mention books I've picked up.

McIrish Annie said...

I've scaled back my subscriptions too! I still get QA but the others are done. too many projects and guilt in not being able to make them!

Julie said...

Funny that! Quilting Arts reminded me to renew too and I thought I'd bought a 2 year sub already. I also have too many mags. Must be an epidemic going round! I'm envious of the beach visit.