Tuesday, April 15, 2008

London Roads (among other things)



Today I actually have some work to show - a start on my brown postcards - I actually have 4 more of them done to the stage of background, brown velvet & brown silk, but without the other embellishments, whereas these are nearly done - they need backing and edging only. I also am working on my journal quilt with the same sort of theme, and a few ATCs, including the diamond one I need for the shape lottery. As I have no plans for tomorrow and am offloading one child to a friend's house (her friend, that is) for the day, I may well get some sewing done tomorrow.

On the right, is a block for the birthday block swap - this one is for me, as I have a "birthday" this month (and next month as well - I am in all three groups, so expect to see lots of blocks in the next few months). My theme was a modern, more Kate-like take on an Amish quilt - I asked for any block, any size, but with a black or black-on-black background and then tonal fabrics - selftones, hand-dyes, batiks, etc in any colour, but only single colours - no prints with other colours in them. So far, the blocks are just what I had in mind. (I've seen photos of a few which I haven't received yet, as well.)



I also received these two lovelies in the post - the left is a "P is for" card - in this case, "posterior"! - the felt is handmade, and the idea, simple but effective. On the right, my April arch from my arch swap - this is from Patsy, and what can I say - it's fabulous. I have yet to start on my April arch, but once the kids get back to school, it will be near the top of the list.

7 comments:

sewkalico said...

The brown cards are very yummy!

Joyce said...

I really like the one with the arrows. Also p is for posterior. Great idea.

AmyB said...

That's a PERFECT "p" idea (or W, as the shape may be!)

Anonymous said...

I wonder what your postman thinks of you - p for posterior - love it.

The arrow block is great!

Toni said...

LOL love the posterior!! What a great birthday block!

artisbliss said...

I like your use of the face fragments on the brown cards, and the modern take on an Amish quilt.

Angelines Artero said...

Beautiful blog. Could you put a translator in it? Regards from Spain