Monday, April 07, 2008

Monday miscellany




Well, here's what I did this morning (well, two or three are from yesterday) before we went out and spent all our money (new bike for Sarah, a few clothes for both girls including a pair of trainers for one, clarinet books, bike helmet for Olivia, etc etc) - I also got some more work done on the puzzle postcards, but they aren't finished yet - maybe tomorrow, though the morning at least is full of errands again (school shoes this time, dentist appointment, bank, Weight Watchers weigh in, woolworths).


And I got some fun stuff in the post:





both of these items are from Karen in Niceville, Florida (wouldn't you love to live in Niceville? I mean, I've never been there, no idea what it's like, but what a great name). Two blocks are for the pineapple comfort quilt, the other is from the orange swap I did a while back - the block got sent back to her (eventually) apparently because of "addressee unknown" - who knows why, as the address was completely right and was the same one she used the second time. Ah, the wonders of the postal service... Karen always does lovely work, so it's a joy to get blocks from her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The mysteries of the postal service indeed! The swap block is very cool.

artisbliss said...

Ooh, that orange and purple! Grabs me every time.

Angela said...

I just decided to join weight watchers and went to my first weigh yesterday, I'm sure their scales must add an extra stone just to keep you going to the meetings longer ;-)