Monday, April 28, 2008

Goodies abound!



Well, today started off nicely - I got back from yoga to find a parcel waiting for me outside - and it was this lovely bunch of treasures from Janey in New York - some Alexander Henry FQs (how did she know?) and a pom-pom maker (heart shaped) and a quilt magazine - plus, of course, the best of all, my Spring Four Seasons Quilt Swap quilt - a sweet wallhanging which says "watch my garden grow" on it - I have even found space to hang it, which is always a challenge in my house.




You can see why I love these Alexander Henry FQs - aren't they great? I am hoping to find a bag which they will do for as I'd really like to use them for something I myself will use.



And that wasn't all - I also got a package from Deb with three blocks for the birthday block swap in it, and an environmentally friendly dishcloth - I love these blocks, especially the star, which is really super. And, believe it or not - a 1960s postcard, which is from a swap in January - I know Carol posted these a long time ago - I assumed they were completely lost, but apparently, they were just walking here from Australia...


I also picked up some inexpensive acrylic paints in Tchibo today - I am always pinching the kids' paints when I need some, so decided it would make sense to have my own. And I finished off the birthday block, which I think is kind of fun - it's not my usual style, being a bit folksy and imprecise, but I think it works - I hope she likes it!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Kate, I got your swap to me today too. I LOVE everything. I even had to chase my mail-man down the street as I didn't hear him knocking. Yup crazy lady chasing down the mailman because I was too excited to wait until tomorrow. I caught him three houses down. I also find it funny that we had each other as partners. I'm glad you like your swap and hope the colors aren't to bright. My kids are already trying to steal the choc. Not a chance. Looks like you had a great mail day yourself. Happy Sewing and now I can come out of "hiding" since I read your blog often and had been admiring what you were making for the four seasons swap.

artisbliss said...

At the risk of repeating myself, you do get the best mail. I love the paints, too.

McIrish Annie said...

you get the best mail!

Julie said...

Bumper bundle today Kate! I like the housey birthday quilt and the Spring 4 Seasons Quilt is lovely.

Sherry said...

love the watch my garden grow doll quilt. lucky you all those goodies!

Anonymous said...

What a nice bunch of goodies Kate. My favorites are the quilt and the quilt blocks.