Sunday, April 06, 2008

P is for Prototype/JQP week 21



Several things got sewn today, hoorah. After I had a brief play in the park with the Alex and Olivia (Sarah was at a sleepover) in our lovely snow (yes, really, snow), that is!

Consequently, I decided to do my journal quilt for the week with a snow theme - a heavy (for London) snowfall in April is too bizarre not to mark in some way... The photo doesn't really snow this mini quilt to good effect - I started with a piece of WOW fabric, and sprinkled some "snow glitter" which I bought in a kids' craft section on it - looks like small pieces of white cellophane chopped up - then covered that with some white organza and free motion quilted it with loops and some snowflakes, of course. Then I added some melted tyvek and a piece of white sheer fabric with stars on it and topped it off with silver snowflake sequins. The back is a piece of paper which says "let it snow" all over it. As I said, too good an opportunity to miss...

I also finished (mostly) making a prototype for my "P is for..." postcards. I wanted to use the theme "puzzle" but wasn't quite sure how to tackle it. I've decided I'm going to do small puzzles (fabric on pelmet vilene) inside a clear pocket, which will fasten somehow (I'm actually thinking something basic like a piece of sellotape) in the post. Then you can take the puzzle out and do it yourself. It won't be challenging - even Alex managed just fine - only 6 pieces. Also did a few more little double four patches, but I didn't photograph them; I'll do a group shot next time I manage to sew some - perhaps tomorrow, once the errands are run.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You had far more snow than we did - much to the children's disgust, there were just a few intermittent flurries which amounted to very little here

Myra said...

Very clever "P" card. Where in the world do you get your ideas?

I really like the journal quilt as well. Lots of glittery goodness!