Thursday, April 03, 2008

Peacock, moo, booty




As expected, I didn't get anything done today - I decided to get Alex out of the house for a while, so we had a visit to a local city farm. Thought you might like this rather impressive peacock - more pictures and text if you follow the above link over to our family blog...





I also have this to show - the left photo is my new moo cards - these are the mini cards - and there are 12 different designs - they were fun (and easy) to make and I look forward to giving them out to all and sundry - the fronts feature a variety of my work - some fibre & mixed media pieces, some dye work, and even a few traditional quilts. At right are a selection of fabrics which I may use for my miniature booty swap quilt - my partner likes bright colours, particularly purple, turquoise, orange, and so forth. I will probably add some hand-dyes to these as well, but haven't dug them out yet. I have an idea what I think I am going to do, but I won't be showing more than a few teases here as she wants to be surprised - so I don't want to risk giving it away. Especially since she knows I am making for her. You will of course see the whole thing in due course! I probably won't start on it right yet, though, as I have some other things I need to sort out first.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Looks like you had a great time out with Alex. It's amazing how much noise peacocks make both with their shrieking and rattling their feathers!

Myra said...

I love the beauty of peacocks. I can't say as I have ever heard them speak. :o) Your moo cards are nifty, maybe I'll get to see one up close and personal the next time we trade something.

Hedgehog said...

Love your Moos cards - and the start of your swap piece!

Anonymous said...

You had a great time, I can imagine!

Sarah Nopp said...

Have you seen the 2008 Hoffman Challenge fabrics? The focus fabric is peacock and lotus... really stunning.
I can't wait to see what happens with all the Booty Swap quiltlets, wish I wasn't so busy.