Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Memes and stuff

A while back, Lenna tagged me for what I think is a really hard meme - a six word memoir. Lenna's was "Creative girl, loves sharing, connections, art". Which I think is very good. I've been pondering this myself for a while and I think I'm going to just have to go for it and stop trying to get it perfect. So, here we go: "Ex-pat quilter, mum, blogger keeps busy". It's not great - for one thing, I'm not thrilled with the word quilter as I am beginning to prefer fibre artist (nothing wrong with quilting, but I do so much that isn't quite quilting, these days), but that was two words! I suppose if I eliminate the verb, I could have "Busy ex-pat fibre artist, mum, blogger". What do you all think?

I'm not going to tag anyone, though (that will surprise no one who knows me) - but if you want to play, please do - I'd love to see what you all come up with.

I also saw another meme I'd not seen before on Libby's blog recently - Fluff Five. This one should be a lot easier - hence the whole "fluff" concept.

Five things Found in your Bag/Purse:
  • keys
  • phone
  • wallet
  • lipgloss
  • mints

(can't really provide anything more interesting on that one - my bag is fairly small and minimal)

Five Favourite Things in Your Room*:

  • postcard wallhanging
  • naive beaded "angel"
  • DD1, Sarah (ok, that's cheating, but she's in the room)
  • brown "Straights of Georgia" lap quilt
  • February bag with art nouveau fabric in it

*not sure quite what to do with the phrase "your room" so I have simply chosen the room I am in at present - the living room

Five Things You Have Always Wanted to Do:

  • drive around all over Europe (or the US) stopping anywhere that takes my fancy
  • have enough money to not have to work so I can spend my time with my kids and my art*
  • visit exotic lands like India, China, Australia, Japan and so on
  • be able to knit
  • speak another language fluently

*this one I've actually nearly managed - hoorah!

Five things you are currently into:

  • ATCs
  • cooking
  • making bags
  • yoga
  • cycling

I'm supposed to tag five people, but you know how I am - if you want to play, go for it.


4 comments:

Caron at Michigan Quilts said...

Kate, I took up the challenge with this Meme on my blog...

Caron in Michigan
http://blog.caronmosey.com

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Oh I like your idea of traveling around Europe or the US stopping when you feel like it...can I tag along? ;o)

Sarah Nopp said...

Alright, I haven't done a Meme in a while. I will do it!

creativelenna said...

Kate, I think your 6 word memoir is great! "Ex-pat" threw me as I thought you were from the UK. How long have you lived there & where did you live before??

Well, I would say fibre artist fits you (just look at the quilties for the swap I sent out today) but I also think you are a very talente quilter, so it's hard to say. Hmmm . . . Ex-pat fibre artist, quilter, mum, blogger!
I found this challange very hard to do. I think it took me a week!