Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Hoorah for DVDs



Well, I started the day with only a tiny bit of sewing time - just a few blocks made from the taupe fabrics and the rest of the backgrounds fused for the puzzle postcards, and I thought that would be it. However, after all the errands (school shoes, bank, Woolworths, Weight Watchers weigh in (lost 3 lbs) and dentist) and the trip to the park (bike riding, some tennis practice for the girls) they all decided they wanted to watch a DVD (how long will it take me to stop automatically typing "video", I wonder) - hoorah - upstairs goes mummy for an hour and half to quilt the Four Seasons Quilt Swap quilt. And it's done now. Yippee!

I decided that because it was a little sampler quilt, it really didn't want to be free motion quilted, just stitched in the ditch (more or less), which is what I've done. I've shown the back here, as well, as it shows better. I'm happy with the way it's come out, so now all that remains is to bind it and put a label on - then it can go in the post - hopefully early next week, well before the 1 May deadline. Whew.

4 comments:

artisbliss said...

This is really well done, Kate, and a cute pattern.

Unknown said...

I really love this one Kate - and if it's any consolation I still call them videos - much to the kids disdain!

Julie said...

I still "tape" DVDs too! congrats on your weight loss btw.

Anonymous said...

It looks lovely! Yep, I still say videos first too.

Congrats on the weight loss!