Monday, November 05, 2007

Underacheiver's Monday




Well, I know a lot of you comment about how much I get done, and it's true - I do work most days and try to have something to show at the end of it, but even I have days when I just don't really feel like doing anything except reading my email (and blogs) and eating pizza for lunch. This is one of those days. Luckily, being Monday, I have other things to blog about - firstly, here's what I got in the post today, from Cathi - another block for our Dear Jane swap (she's doing all the hard curved ones, I'm doing the straight pieced ones, lol), some alphabet beads (I was bemoaning the reduction in numbers of my alphabet bead stash) and this great card, which is apparently called "Blobs" - cool, isn't it!

And now, of course, what you've been waiting for - the giveaway. This week, I am saying a fond farewell to these poor little orphaned blocks from a QU class (Ozark Garden). I took the class on a whim, and had some fun with it, but I'm not ever going to finish the millionty-seven more blocks it would need to make a quilt from them, and I'm not inspired to do anything else with the blocks, so if you would like to give them a home, you know what to do - leave a comment before Saturday (I am doing the drawing a day early this week as I have to fly to California on Sunday and have no idea what my internet access will be like for the week I am in San
Diego).



There are 4 flower blocks, which are about 3-3.5 inches square (too lazy to measure them). The rectangular ones are the same width and twice as high; there are 8. Some have paper on the back, some don't.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate, I love thos blocks! I have thought about taking the Ozark's Garden class, but looks like alot of time and I have to wait until I have some time available. I would love to get into your drawing, thanks, Debby L

Joanna said...

I'd love to be in your drawing. These little pieces are just lovely.

Joanna

Anonymous said...

Glad you got the new parcel! I don't need to be in the draw, but they do look lovely!

sewkalico said...

Those blocks would make another nice bag. You could just make bags out of everything :O)

Anonymous said...

As another QU student, I think you should just mail them to me. *L*

Well, I'm gonna keep trying til I "hit" again.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate, the blocks are great. I have a few unfinished QU class things but would love to find something to do with these blocks. Thanks, KimmieB

zizzybob said...

Hmmmmm, I think I could make some really nice postcards out of these blocks. Please add me to the list.

rlbates said...

Kate, don't enter me. I'd love to have them, but recently won from you so will pass. Mostly wanted to tell you to have a great trip!

Unknown said...

What a clever trick - getting Cathi to do the tricky curved blocks - (I know she loves working on those :o) so it's a good deal all round)

Julie said...

Hope you haven't caught lethargy from my blog! LOL I like your blocks. I don't quilt but I could use them in some other way if I was lucky enough to win them.

Emily Cole said...

Kate! I think those blocks are beautiful and I know I have some great batiks they would fit right in with! Please put me in the drawing! Em (emandmikeyATaolDOTcom)

Hedgehog said...

Please throw my name in the hat - and have a safe trip to CA!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a safe trip. Love the blocks, but I don't need to be in the drawing - I've got more projects than I can handle right now!

Totty Teabag said...

I love these blocks Kate, but don't put me in the draw this time, I've been lucky enough this month... I might copy the palm leaves though!

carrie said...

Lovely blocks, Kate. I will also pass on being entered this time. This is such a nice of idea of yours, though :)

McIrish Annie said...

Hope you have a good trip to San Diego. I know it's under difficult circumstances but hopefully you will get to enjoy the change of scenery.

I know i shouldn't wish for those blocks. but put my name in, i am a sucker for paper pieced blocks.

love your fiber, fiber, fiber cards. still working on mine!

Unknown said...

Hi Kate, They sure have a tropical feel - I know they'd be right at home in Hawaii. Please enter me in your drawing.

Have a great time in San Diego - I'll wave to you from Lake Tahoe!

Anonymous said...

Love the leaf blocks. But then again, I havae tons of leaf fabric in my stash....

Susan b