Tuesday, November 06, 2007

More seasonal goodies



Those of you who may have worried when I didn't do any work yesterday that it would become a regular thing, panic not - today I am back to my usual obsessive making of bits. Today, it was Christmas themed - cards and ornaments. I decided I would go ahead and show these cards - I hate not showing stuff as I do it - those of you who might end up getting one of these cards (and you might not - there will be a variety of designs) can just cope with it!

These are all snowflake themed - you probably guessed. I have used a variety of different kinds of snowflakes, including FME straight onto the card, FME onto organza, then attached to the card, a snowflake stamped into angelina, brads, stickers, snowflake jewels, foiling and of course, snowflake fabric to start with, in some cases.

I am a bit snowflake mad at the moment - I have always liked them, anyway, but they seem to fill my head lately. This may not be a bad thing, as I have a challenge quilt to work on with the new challenge group my friend Wil has set up, and the theme for that is Winter - so I am thinking, snowflakes!



And I made some more ornaments. Two more with faces & words (I need to make some more faces and words before I do too many more of these), and then half a dozen with snowflakes stitched onto organza, and also some Christmas trees in the same technique. Closeups of all the ornaments can be found in my flickr album.

6 comments:

Joanna said...

You are on the ball. I really need to get cracking with mine. Your PC's are lovely.

Julie said...

Love the snowflake cards. I know what you mean - I like to post stuff as I do it.

Myra said...

I am mad keen on snowflakes myself at the moment and am working on a winter wallhanging too. I love the postcards and the ornaments are great too!

Vicki W said...

Wow, you've been productive! Love the cards and ornaments. I've got to get my Christmas cards planned....

katepang said...

Kate, I'm such an underachiever compared to you...

I MUST find some time to try making postcards.

By the way, consider yourself tagged! See my blog for five questions on creativity, answer them on your blog (apparently, this is a meme...) and tag another 5 people! Sorry, as if you don't have enough to do...

Love
OtherKate

JustCindy said...

I love the snowflakes. You are sew busy, makes me want to sew faster.