Saturday, November 24, 2007

Swapping fun?

A while back, when I was tidying up my sewing room, I mentioned that I keep a lot of scraps cut into squares, for ready use in projects (in theory). I do sometimes use them this way, but frankly, not as much as I might, so I thought I might try again to turn some of these lovely squares into larger pieces of fabric... If you are a person who uses a lot of squares and would like to swap, this idea was made just for you! I have listed below how many of what size square can be cut out of an average FQ and in brackets, how many I will send you - mine will be all different, except in the 2.5 and 3" sizes, where there might be some pairs thrown in - no more than two the same of any fabric, though, I promise (if you want more than one FQs worth of squares, I can't promise no repeats, but I'll try to put in as many different ones as I can). In return, I would like FQs or FEs of more or less anything except 30s reproductions, neon colours, flannel and cutesy novelties. Particularly favourites are tonals, batiks, Civil War Repros, geometric prints, stripes, but really, I'm not very fussy, bar the exceptions listed above. Leave a comment or email me if you are interested in playing!

One fat quarter equals:
56 (65) 2.5 inch squares
42 (50) 3 inch squares
30 (35) 3.5 inch squares
20 (25) 4 inch squares
16 (20) 4.5 inch squares
12 (15) 5 inch squares

2 comments:

Susan J Barker said...

Thanks for stopping by my Miss snips Blog! I appreciate the comments on naming quilts.

I too have boxes of 2 1/2 and 3 inch squares cut up already and am becoming dismayed at how many I have! I sure don't sew them together often enough, but I do sometimes just sit and sew the squares in pairs and eventually I manage to get 16 patch blocks together -- I couple months back I got 12 blocks done and created a quilt to give to a local charity, so that is my main aim for all my random squares! Though I would like to say I would enjoy a swap -- ultimately it would not reduce the number of squares in the boxes I have, so I will just keep sewing my own squares together as I am able to find the time...

Hedgehog said...

I'm game for this swap, Kate!