Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Christmas postcards...




So, guess what I did today (this is probably not too hard a challenge). And now my postcards are all done, except for the edging, which I will do tomorrow. I started with the Christmas trees with a white border, then used the cut out bits of those on other cards (two cards in one!). Then there is a variety of snowflake cards, at least some of which I've shown before. And today, in addition to finishing up those two groups, I added some strip pieced cards with some sort of snowflake or star on the top - some have FMQ snowflakes or stars, some are cut from lutradur, one has a sequin waste star, and one has a kind of star in ribbon (actually, I don't like this one - might recycle it).




Tomorrow, they will get edged (probably) and then, they will be ready to go out in the post. There are a few extras beyond what I'm swapping, so a few people may get (hopefully nice) surprises.

Didn't get any cards in the post today, but I did get these two FQs, from Barbara, who took me up on my offer of swapping squares (on my part) for larger pieces of fabric (on her part). Not that it's made much of a dent in my scraps, mind you...

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Looks like you have had a grand time making postcards! I'm working on one of my Christmas designs now.

Anonymous said...

Great postcards, and that fabric on the right is fabulous!! Reminds me of endpapers in old books.