Monday, November 12, 2007

San Diego/shirts

Well, here I am in San Diego, and there are computers in the hotel, so I won't go through withdrawal too much :) Thanks to all who have wished me a good journey - it was long and a bit complicated, but safe and now I'm here in this lovely sunny weather.

Nancy, my stepmom, has brought all my dad's shirts with her - there are some fabulous ones, and there are lots of them, so I think I may end up putting together 3 different quilts from these - one for her, one for my house, and one for my brother and SIL - will try to get a photo of them to upload later. And now, off to the beach!

7 comments:

sewkalico said...

So pleased you arrived safely! The shirts sound great and what a way to remember your dad for all the recipients. I remember my mother gave away all my dad's old ties - a big pity as he used to wear those really loud wide ones!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Glad to hear you've made a safe arrival. I hope your trip goes as well as it can.

TTFN

Jane

P.S. Soak up that sun! It's freezing here!

Julie said...

Good to know you've arrived safely. It sounds a wonderful idea to use you Dad's shirts for a permanent memory of him. How lovely! I think my stepmum took all my Dad's to the charity(thrift) shop. I wasn't into fibre when he died. I'm not really sick that you're on the beach and we're freezing here! *lol*

Unknown said...

Can you believe how nice and warm it is here? I live in Escondido, thirty miles north of San Diego? Where are you staying? I just happened across your wonderful blog a few days ago.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea Kate. Glad you arrived safely.

Totty Teabag said...

Enjoy the sunshine Kate. I look forward to seeing what you make with the shirts.

Anonymous said...

Hello Kate,

I've written you a post a few times, but for some reason, it won't take :(...anyhow, I like your shirt idea. Memory projects coming up...I can't wait to see what you will create. I checked out your next post and they really are beautiful shirts.

Enjoy your trip and your memories of your dad.

Peggy