Friday, November 09, 2007

Quiltswap quilt



This lovely little quiltlet, made by Peggy Schroeder of Sweet Home, Oregon (I know, I know, wrong state for the song!) has come to live at my house, as a result of Quilt Swap* IV. It's even lovelier in person than in the photo & I'm really pleased with it - it's not big, maybe 15x15" or so - but it's a great little work and is now happily hanging in my sewing room. My piece I did for Quiltswap IV can be seen here... I have now heard that it has reached its new home & its owner is happy with it - always nice to be wanted!

No work done today myself - I was at school this morning, and though I had originally thought I might do some work this afternoon, I had lots of other bits to deal with including a trip to the central post office to pick up this chap, so in the end, I didn't. Tomorrow I do hope to do something (Christmas themed inchies is on the list) as there won't be anything done next week while I am away...

*QuiltSwap is a Yahoo Group where you make a small quilt and in return, get someone else's small quilt - it's not a direct swap with partners, but rather photos of the work are uploaded and you send a list of the pieces you like best to the coordinator, who in the end, pairs everyone up. I have taken part in III and IV (which actually allowed other forms besides quilts, such as bags, journals, dolls) and look forward to V, next year sometime. It's a great way to acquire work by others without having to pay a fortune for them.

No comments: