Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Clam shell quilting



Although I spent a large portion of today doing very little, I did do a bit of quilting this morning - as the right foot was already on the machine, I decided to pull this out and quilt it - or start, anyway. The quilt is the corn and beans quilt from some time ago, and I thought I'd try this sort of clamshell pattern on it. I like it. I only quilted a small portion of the quilt, as I only worked on it for about an hour, but I should get some more done later in the week. I had intended it as a possible baby quilt, but actually, I thinnk I might keep it. For one thing, I really like it, but for another thing, it's a little large for a baby quilt. We'll see.

7 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

The quilting looks great! And I've always been fond of the corn and beans pattern, I think probably because I live in corn and soybean country.

Mom said...

I like that quilting pattern. Just as well to keep as it does not really look like a baby quilt :-)

TexasRed said...

I like that quilting patter -- especially the rounded shapes with the triangles of the quilt top. Can't wait to see it finished!

Emma said...

Great quilting! I tried it on a quilt at Easter and really liked it too, but it's very time- and thread-consuming!

Kitty said...

Gorgeous quilting pattern - that's going to be stunning. x

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Love the quilting pattern! Looks like a fun one to stitch.

Ruth's Place said...

Awesome quilting. This is definitely one you should keep.