Friday, May 22, 2009

UFO challenge



Although yesterday was full of other bits and pieces, I did manage to snatch an hour or so to work in the UFO challenge I am doing with Textile Challenges. You may remember that I received this piece to work on - I have started out by filling the background with very dense quilting. On the left you can see the quilting that was there to start with - in the very left-hand section, the hand-quilted grid. I have added the dense swirls below the red object and the circles above. In the right hand photo, you can see a mostly machine quilted grid of varying density - Deborah had already started quilting a grid in this section and I felt the best way to handle the quilting here was to echo that. I'm very happy so far with how this is working, but haven't decided yet how to proceed in the next section. At some point I may go back to circles, but not yet, I think.

4 comments:

Kitty said...

Oh my, I LOVE that. x

wonderwoman said...

wow that is lovely!
x

Rafael's Mum said...

that's lovely ! shows what a difference the quilting itself can make ! love the swirls and the bubbles !

Sarah Nopp said...

Those are fantastic shapes. I can't wait to see how this progresses. Maybe you have inspired me to grab some small piece out to do some handwork on... I will open this bottle of wine and let you know :)