Sunday, May 17, 2009

Batik day




Today's sewing largely involved working with batiks - this is not a big problem for me, of course. I fixed the edge of the NYB block (which only needed a bit of straightening in the end - not a new piece of fabric) and made this Goshen Star (10"), which will serve as the starting block for another round robin type thing I am taking part in - the Around the World Quilting Bee, hosted by Sadie. It's not quite like a round robin in that you don't have to do a round, just add a block each time you receive a round. And amazingly enough, the person I mail to is actually in the UK (the lovely Indigo Blue), which means that I won't have much at all in the way of postage costs and that it should get to her very quickly. I think this will be a lot of fun - the blocks we are making can be whatever we like, as long as they are the same size as the starter block - and of course, they should go with the block!


I also worked with some other batiks on another project which I'm going to keep under wraps for the moment - something small and I hope fun - there are a couple of possible places this project might be going, and probably in both cases, it's better not to show. Don't you hate those projects you can't show?

5 comments:

mumzy said...

Lovely batiks! Love the colors.

Doreen K. said...

I am just so amazed how much work you get done. Love your New York Beauty block. Is that in a book. I would like to try sewing a curve and I love the flying geese in it too.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Both those blocks are beautiful! Love how they look in batiks!

Celine said...

I really enjoy reading your blog and looking at your wonderful work. I have joined the block lotto that I discovered through you. And I discovered you through Cathi when she stopped by on her way to Sweden. Thanks for sharing.
Celine

Sally said...

The blocks are lovely and look really good in batiks, the colours are so bright and clear. Still working on ideas for the art quilt swap!!