Sunday, May 03, 2009

More scrappy stuff



So, here's what I accomplished today - finished off the rest of the black and white blocks, so now I have 36 - they are about 7.5" blocks - I will trim them to be more precise so may be a little smaller. Decided I wanted to piece some scrap strips together, and have decided that I'll do these for the back of the quilt & make it double sided - never done a double sided piece, but it should be easy enough - will just have to use interesting bobbin thread. Unfortunately, I don't think this backing - which will have several sizes of strips - will really make a huge dent in my stash of scrap strips. Nothing seems to do so. Sigh. I will probably work on this tomorrow, and then back to other mixed media type stuff, as I will then have a number of deadlines.


5 comments:

TexasRed said...

Just when I think I'm making a dent in my scrap closet, I either have a big fabric store run, or someone gives me bags of fabric. Certainly not the worst problem to have, but I will never see the floor in that closet!

Kitty said...

I love that black and white ... it's going to be such a cool quilt. x

jovaliquilts said...

Love the B&W quilt! And the strips are a perfect backing -- two quilts in one.

black bear cabin said...

hey, you had giveaways for an entire year and still have stash to burn...
your closet must be ginormous ;)
i love the striped backing idea...what a colorful way to use up small bits!

sewkalico said...

This is really cute! I am so behind on your blog (and most of the blogs I read!!), but it's nice to see you are busy as usual!!