Friday, May 15, 2009

Still here!



Yes, I am still here and I've even done a little (but only a little) sewing this week - yesterday I made a start on another New York Beauty block for the birthday swap. This is the last block for that swap as June is my own month and hopefully I will be able to sit back and watch the lovely blocks roll in! This block is a 12" block in batiks, and is nearly done. I need to sew the flying geese arc to the corner (it's together up to the teal arc) then another small plain arc and then the other corner.

The little house isn't something I made, but rather something I received - my May house for the house swap on Textile Challenges. This one was made by Marie and I particularly like the red light by the door and the sun coming up over the edge of the roof. The three I have received so far are all very different, and all lovely. I have to say, this is a great swap - I thought I might miss the montly arch swap when it ended, but this is definitely a good replacement for it!

3 comments:

TexasRed said...

Sounds like some great swaps and productive "work" week!

Anita in Florida said...

Just stopping by to say 'hi' and welcome to the Around the World Quilting Bee. You have some great swaps going.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your blog and I love the NY Beauty. I've always wanted to do that, but seems like a lot of work and I'm not that patient. Welcome to the ATWQB.