Sunday, January 11, 2009

Some purchases, some finishes





Today was the annual Quilters & Fabric Sale (with a small show) at Farnham Maltings - lots of ends of bolts, etc, so quite good for backings. First stop for me was Patchwork Rabbit, where I chatted with Karla (the propietor; another displaced Yank) and bought these two kits. I also finally decided to go ahead and order the 12 months for the little Bent Creek months series - been thinking of doing these for a while - but we are going to sort that out by post, as I didn't need them today, anyway. I then picked up some cheap fabric (by UK standards) for quilt backings - the spots are for the back of a baby quilt; the batiks are for the back of a table runner in batiks. Might need to supplement a little more from stash, but I'm sure I can manage that.







I didn't buy a lot of fabric - these plaids - FQs on the top and FEs on the bottom - none more than £1.25 a FQ, some considerably less - are for the January block lotto (I have zero plaids in my stash - oh wait, I exaggerate - I had ONE!) and the bits on the right are just some interesting FQs (and the Lonni Rossi is a remnant - about a long quarter, I think) which were in the buy four get one free basket somewhere... And that was it - and a couple of bits for Olivia & Alex who were with me. They've vanished upstairs somewhere, so I'm not going to share them...







There was also a little work done today - 3 more Alice ATCs - one more with a tea party theme, then two without - a white rabbit at the top, and Alice with a rather long neck on the bottom right. I have decided to use buttons in all of the ATCs, partly because I have a lot of buttons, and partly for continuity. I have two more to make (the swap is for 9) and they all still have to be backed, but it's getting there. That will be the first order of business on Tuesday as I would like to get them in the post as soon as possible as they have to go the US...


And on the right, the cracker baby quilt for my new sort-of-nephew - finished binding it last night. Need to label it, then it can go in the post as well. He's not very old yet (born on Christmas Day) so it should still be a timely gift.

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

I love the baby quilt for your sort-of nephew. I have a few of those sort-of relations too.

Isn't it fun to find bargain fabric to put in your stash? I love fabric shopping.

mumzy said...

If DD sees the Easter pattern you got, she is going to be very jealous. She loves anything with bunnies. Also love the baby quilt - I'm told that baby quilts should be nice and bright these days. Lovely work!