Tuesday, January 20, 2009

For the birds




Five ATCs for a swap on FAT (Fibre Art Traders). The theme is "For the Birds" - and I used these lovely birds - I've used one once before on an ATC - they are taken from some paper napkins I found in Sainsbury's. I used fusible interfacing behind them to give the tail some shape where it hangs off the edge, and also to stabilise the main body of the bird so I could FMQ it to the background. The backgrounds are a variety of pre-prepared ATC bases cut from various bits and pieces of technique trials, leftovers, discarded projects and so on.


I lalso tried to accomplish the last January item in my sidebar goals today (baste the brown pineapple quilt), only to discover that the large bit of batting I have is about 4 inches too narrow down one side - I don't really have enough bits to piece around it, so will have to pop to a quilt shop before I can do that task. I did piece the backing, though, so at least that's out of the way (only two piece of fabric to put together, but still, it's done).

Oh, and I did spend some time today watching television - in the afternoon, which is unusual for me, but in this instance, well worth it. I won't comment at length here on this blog, but I did say a bit more over on my family blog. Here, I'll just say that I'm sure you all know MY political persuasion - no matter what your own political views are I hope you will all join me in wishing our new President luck in making some inroads into all the serious situations facing both the US and the world.

2 comments:

morningDove said...

love your ATCs and the birds are wonderful. paper napkins-i need to explore the paper products isle.
the marked-off list must be a great feeling.

Ruth's Place said...

They are wonderful!

Just got caught up on your other posts - the cross stitch is lovely too.