Friday, January 02, 2009

Ikea stole my day



Sarah and Geoff went up to visit Geoff's mum today - she wasn't really feeling up to having us all there (still recovering from shingles from earlier in the year) but the two of them for a weekend was doable. The rest of us went down to Ikea to look at sofas (we are going to buy new ones this year). It was somewhat crowded, but not too bad. We had a nice browse, and Olivia and Alex sat on every sofa in the place (I, on the other hand, only bothered to sit on the 5 or 6 which met the criteria for potential purchase...).

We then had a browse through the rest of the showroom, some lunch in the restaurant and then went through the marketplace to pick up a few things, including two picture frames, so I could actually do something with some of the cross-stitch pieces I've finished recently - like this snow sampler. Here it is in the new frame (you'll have to ignore the reflection on the frame) and hanging on the wall - I took down an alphabet sampler (larger letters, with a motto by them - like the "Q" has a quilt, and so on - ironically, I started that sampler WAY before I started quilting. In fact, I may have even finished it before I started quilting...) to make space for it, for a while. As it says "SNOW" on it, I shouldn't think I'll want to keep it up for all that long...

And here's a frame for a cross-stitch piece I didn't finish all that recently - I thought it was a recent finish, but apparently, I did it in 2007 (not sure whether I should or shouldn't initial and date my pieces!) And here it is, hanging on the wall in my computer/family room. Obviously, there's not enough wall space in my house to display all my pieces, so I will have to rotate them - this is what's prevented me from bothering to frame stuff up in the first place (this, and laziness).


When we got home, the kids wanted to play on the computer and I wanted a bath - a lower back ache from too much working yesterday, I think. And then the kids wanted to watch films in the evening and eat popcorn, so we did that too.





3 comments:

Pat said...

Love how your snowman looks all completed and framed!

Vicki W said...

The snowman looks great! A day at Ikea is always fun.

Myra said...

The snowman piece looks great! I do wish we had an Ikea near here.