Sunday, January 25, 2009

Some finishing up...



First off, this thrilling photo of my Exquisite Corpse project. Now, before Arlee panics, I will warn you that this is the ONLY photo you will see of my work on this project - either my piece or other people's pieces - until the entire thing is finished - not even sneak peeks from now on. What is an Exquisite Corpse, I hear you ask? Well, you can check out the blog here, to see the previous rounds which have been done, but in a nutshell, it's like a round robin, except you don't see what the previous person has done. The first person does the head & shoulders, the next the upper torso, etc. Once I do my head, I will cover all but a half inch of my work and the next person will take it from there, do her (or his) section and then cover all but their bottom half inch. We are working in 7 inch squares, and there are 5 people in a group. This round, we are all doing body or body type images, whereas in previous rounds, there has been more variety. I think this will be a really interesting textile/fibre project and I'm pleased to be taking part, even if it means I can't blog it!



So, following on from yesterday, here's what I did today - half a Japanese block of the month - there is a good deal more buildings, etc to fill in at the bottom, but I have absolutely no dark brown thread, not even a dark medium, so I need to pick some up tomorrow before proceeding. Luckily, most of the houses, etc have nice straight lines, so the applique should go quickly once I have the right thread. So then I decided to quickly finish off one of the almost finished projects from my unfinished section - I added a border to this little flying geese quilt, which will now go on the pile of finished tops waiting to be quilted.

I have added a "List of Shame" (tongue in cheek) to my sidebar to help me monitor my progress in moving those things from section to section and off the list entirely - we'll see how that goes!

5 comments:

Papoosue said...

Hmmm, nice stuff Kate :-) The Exquisite Corpse blog is fascinating - there is some amazing work on there and I like the idea. x

mumzy said...

Looking forward to seeing the Japanese block finished. Looks very interesting. Your way of putting the flying geese quilt together is new to me, but I really like it.

Anonymous said...

The Japanese block looks wonderful, love the colours in it.

Ruth's Place said...

Love that Japanese block!

Kathy said...

I've been wondering what was happening with those cats. You need not be in a hurry to finish that quilt because when I have it, I will have to repaint the bedroom, which currently is blue and white. Since I just finished repainting the kitchen/dining room, I am NOT in the mood to paint any other walls until probably next year!

Mom

PS - I tried to leave this message on the previous blog, but it failed to get posted. (I think). So, you may find it twice.