Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mt Fuji



Having remembered to buy the dark brown thread amidst my mad pawing through the sale bin yesterday, I was able to finish the Japanese Block of the Month block today. Woo hoo. Maybe I will take an evening next week to trace out the shapes for the next block. I'd really like to get this done and there are only 4 more blocks to go.

I also started working on something for a Triptych themed piece for the 6-12" mini-quilt swap on Flickr - it's three pieces (obviously) which go together in some fashion, due at the end of February. But it's mostly squares and triangles at the moment and not very interesting, so I haven't photographed it. Maybe later this week (though I don't foresee much sewing time until Saturday, as I am going swimming with friends tomorrow morning and to my little quilt group (for the first time in months) on Thursday. And having coffe with friends on Friday. Such is the life!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks really good Kate, I can't wait to see how the others turn out, good job!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

What a nice looking block! I can't wait to see the rest :)

Vicki W said...

That looks really nice. I won't get much sewing time this week either but it's work, not fun that will keep me away. I sooooo can't wait for this project to end!

Unknown said...

I love this particular design - you've enhanced it beautifully with your fabric selection and then the machine applique stitching gives it an extra dimension again - I'm not usually a fan of satin stitch applique (probably because I'm absolutely dire at it) but it lifts this piece perfectly - Lovely!

Kathy said...

What a beautiful block! I hope to see more of them when I come over to see you. Of course, during my visit, you may not get as much sewing done. It amazes me how much you accomplish, considering how busy you are with family and your work at school.

Mom

black bear cabin said...

lovely...it will look great with the others :)
i took your cue, and went thru my UFO's...it inspired me to do several things...one of which, was to organize the craft room...the other was to decide on which projects i want to finish this year :) Thanks for the inspiration!
in the meantime, ive tagged you on my blog...feel free to participate if you have the time :)