Sunday, January 07, 2007

January cheer

Yesterday I was making Angelina sandwiches for the postcards for a new January swap - it's a "big" swap, which means that as many people as like can sign up for it, rather than the usual limit of 7 in my postcard group. I think there were 14 signups, but I'm making a couple of extra cards, as it's nice to have some to send to other people for no particular reason - and as it's not a themed swap, my interpretation is kind of abstract so it doesn't matter if I make a few more...

I started with the yellow backgrounds (discovery: not much yellow in my hand dyes stash) in various yellows. Then I added shapes cut from the angelina sandwiches I made yesterday. Then I couched down three different colours of fancy threads - aqua blue, pink and purple. Next step is, I think, some decorative stitching in various colour threads. And then, sequins!

I've only posted a photo of the finished item here, but I put photos of the works in progress in my yahoo photo album for those interested.

1 comment:

Dormouse said...

I checked out your album. These look so happy, they made me smile.