Wednesday, January 10, 2007

(Hopefully not) the last of the January cheer


And here are the rest of the January cheer postcards. I should probably consider myself lucky a)that these got finished b)that I can type and c)that I didn't throw the timing off on my sewing machine. That's right, kids, today's lesson is: don't ever try to poke a stray end of ribbon under where you are zigzagging - especially not with the tip of your finger. Ouch. Luckily I just caught the side of the finger, so while I do have a nice set of matching puncture wounds (in and out!) I didn't do serious damage either to myself or frankly of more import, to the machine. Or bleed all over the cards. And it doesn't seem to interfere with my typing too much!
Anyway. The cards are now done and six are in the post, with the others going out tomorrow, including one for dormouse and one for ferret. (Hmm, dormouse, ferret, hedgehog - a trend among quilty bloggers?) Penny will get her card a little later, as I haven't made that one yet - it will be one of my Valentine's theme cards, which I probably won't start until late January... Anyone else who wants a card, just let me know - officially I owe three more cards forward, but within reason I am happy to send a card to anyone who wants one, with the pay-it-forward proviso, of course...
May not get much sewing done tomorrow, as my life is full of fun mummy stuff - helping at nursery in the morning and grocery shopping in the afternoon - but you never know - there may be an hour there somewhere. If not, I may share photos of my very tidy sewing table, which I spent part of today tidying up so I could actually see the surface!
And a small gripe about blogger - seems like every single comment I get these days has no email address listed - SO annoying, as I do like to respond and I'd rather do it by email than on that person's blog, where you have to comment about something that has nothing to do with what you are actually saying. I hope when blogger finishes migrating everyone to the new blogger, this won't happen any more. Grr.

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Ouch! Ihave been sewing for years and have been lucky enough never to sew my fingers. I'm glad it was no worse. THe postcards look great.

Dormouse said...

Owie!!!! That's something I've not done... yet! I hope it's not too sore.

Ferret said...

Yay, it's arrived. I love it. Now I have to try and find it in your pictures :) I just have to OK. I'll try and get a picture of it up on mine tomorrow.

Call me dim, but I hadn't thought of using anything other than plain white on the back of a postcard. Which isn't really my style. I like your coloured and patterned one much better.

Thank you.

Ferret said...

Do your comments go to your old email address or your gmail address after you swap? I haven't moved over beacuse I don't want them going to gmail.

I have a contact form, but I don't fancy typing my email address here. Sorry too likely to get harvested.

http://www.ferfab.co.uk/contactus.php