Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pretty Garden Sampler - finished



Here's a cross-stitch I finished the other night - very sweet, isn't it! It might go as a gift for someone, though I wouldn't be sorry to keep it, mind you.

Photo below shows where I was last time I posted:



I've got a new cross-stich going - I did pick up the beach huts one and stitch a little on it the other night because I hadn't got a new project out yet, but that one's just too summery, so once I got organised, I switched to a little winter themed one. No photo yet, as it's just a bunch of white rows (snow) - not exciting yet!

And thanks to Rita, who sent me (by attachment this time ) the mock-up she did of the cross blocks, sashed. I really like this layout - I think sashed will have to be the way to go, despite the fact that it will take longer to make them. Like this, they look like stained glass - don't you think?


9 comments:

Vicki W said...

Oh yes, I like them sashed!

greelyrita said...

They do indeed look like stained glass, I think. hee hee

MWalker said...

Love them sashed!

Gail said...

I love them sashed! So pretty. The little cross stitch is pretty as well. You are getting so much finished, in spite of going back to work. Any hints?

black bear cabin said...

LOVE the sashing...and that cross stitch is really cute too :) Think Spring!

Amanda said...

Yes definitely look great sashed. Sweet X stitch too!

Dolores said...

Love that cross stitch. The sashed blocks are nicely enhanced with the black.

mumzy said...

Loved the cross stitched sampler. Like the stained glass look too.

Angela said...

The cross stitch looks great, also looking forward to seeing what your new project is.