Monday, January 03, 2011

Last productive day...



Tomorrow is back to work, so today was my last chance to spend a large chunk of the day sewing - so I did! I did lots of stuff, including a few things I won't show today - I'll save them for later in the week when I've not even been in the room...

One thing I did was do the January round of the Oh My Stars Block of the Month from Planet Patchwork - I actually looked yesterday morning to see if the round 3 instructions were up yet, and at the point I looked, they weren't. But they were there today, so I've done this piece to add to my Christmassy star sampler.

I also put together the snowball and nine-patch blocks from yesterday. Don't they make a nice little baby quilt? I'm pleased with the top and will put it away either until someone has a baby or until I decide to make it into a charity top. Not sure which it will be yet.




And just in case you wondered, here's what the scrap basket looks like at the end of the day today:



Still pretty empty, but as you can see, scraps are accumulating. I think I'm going to add a photo slot in my sidebar - "State of the Scrapbasket"...

3 comments:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Love the nine patch and snowballs. I have 1.5 inch squares of blues hand sewn into a 13m length which were going to sky for a Christmas tree, but didn't work, I think I'm going to copy your idea if that's ok. Nice bit of hand sewing for in front of the tv

Benta

Angela said...

Hope your first day back wasn't too stressful. I hate it when work interfers with stitching time ;)The Snowball top is adorable, here we are only a few days in to the year and you have a quilt top made already!

Sarah Craig said...

I really like that snowball and nine-patch quilt top - I may have to give that a try!!