Monday, January 24, 2011

Hmph.

Well, I was going to show an image that the lovely Rita sent me, of what yesterday's blocks would look like completely sashed in black (great!) but as it was embedded in the email, I can't get it out to upload to blogger. Oh well!




Instead, I'll show the photos of the quilt which came back from the longarmers a while back, which I finally got bound and whatnot - so here it is. I have this one in mind for an upcoming (but not very soon) wedding present, unless DH prefers to give them another one I have hanging around - I will let him have final say as the groom works with him...



Don't know if you can see the quilting well in this one or not - it's lovely. And the binding is just scrappy batiks...

8 comments:

rlbates said...

Beautiful quilt.

Kate, save the photo from the email to your computer and then you'll be able to upload it.

Sharne Gregory said...

It will make a wonderful Wedding present.

Sarah Craig said...

I wish I was getting married!! That's a gorgeous quilt!!

shannon said...

that is a beautiful quilt! when i get married will you make me one :)

thanks for sharing!

greelyrita said...

I've sent you the file. Sorry about making it hard for you. That quilt you might give as a wedding gift is G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S!!

Michelle L. Momof11 said...

Lovely...not sure if I ever saw a batik quilt i didn't like, but this one is very nice! What is the pattern?

Sarah said...

This is beautiful - lucky people to receive it!

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Kate, it is so pretty. Lucky newlyweds!