Thursday, January 06, 2011

Off to the longarmer



Two quilts handed off to my friendly local longarmer recently - the first is this collection of Oriental Fans, from a swap a while ago. We'll not say how long ago, but the top was finished before the longarmer took a two year break from her business to live in India...



And the second is this top, a result of my participation in the Around the World Quilt Bee, which finished last summer. I added a couple of borders, both to pad out the size and to help tie in the orange which appears strongly in one block. I'm very pleased with it - round robins are notoriously difficult both in terms of timing (which luckily, wasn't something I had to deal with, as I wasn't the hostess) and matching and I think this top has come out of it very well. A million thanks again to Summer Sadie for organising it all.

3 comments:

black bear cabin said...

those are both beautiful quilts Kate...are you planning to keep both of them? be sure to post pics when you get em back!

Jacky and Steph said...

Very nice, both of them. I like the block with the map at the bottom of the sampler quilt. Very unusual!

Dahn said...

I've been meaning to pop in and say hello. You have been VERY productive in the last month. I love both of the swaps--I bet they finish up looking wonderful!