Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Lots o' things



So, today I have finally had a day where I did some work - for one thing, I had a nice, long, uninterrupted length of time to do stuff; for another, I just felt more in the mood. So I started with a birthday block for the block swap - or rather, 16 of them. Becca had asked for stars in 3, 6, 9 or 12 inch blocks with cream backgrounds and the star fabrics in chocolate covered cherry colours - any combo of chocolate brown, burgundy and pink. I decided to go for a slightly different take on this one than my usual 12" block (or the occasional 9") and make some three inch blocks. In the end, I decided to make 16, as that's the number that cover the same area as a 12" square. The colours are somewhat more varied than in the picture - there are two different browns, a burgundy, several pinks and one colour which is a kind of purple burgundy which may or may not work for her. Anyway, it was fun.

On the right, from Leona, some brown and pink fabrics which arrived in the post today. These are in lieu of making an extra pineapple block, as she's very busy at the moment. They're pretty gorgeous.

Below, my cards for the Something starting with O swap on Arts in the Mail - I couldn't decide what O to do - all the obvious ones seemed, well, obvious. In the end, I decided to go with "orbit". I think they work...

And here's more of what I got in the post today - well, technically, I got the Purple Haze card, which is from Leah, yesterday, but who's counting... The card on the right is from Priscilla and is from the February Challenge on Arts in the Mail - the one fabric, one thread challenge. It's fun, isn't it.

4 comments:

artisbliss said...

I love the frog card! Frogs are my fave.

Vicki W said...

I lvoe the little star blocks!

Anonymous said...

The frog card is really cute! Love your new star blocks too, they are lovely.

sewkalico said...

Those star blocks are awesome! How about those in African? I can dream LOL