Saturday, March 15, 2008

Journal Quilt Project - Week 17



Once again, I found myself doing my journal quilt on a Saturday morning - that's not really a problem, as Saturday is still within my JQ week, just probably best not to be a recurring trend (ok, I know, all trends recur by definition, but you know what I mean!). Anyway, this week I knew what I wanted to do - something which reflected the Spring Fling Round Robin work I did yesterday - hence, more cuurved flying geese. This time, with a blue background, as I used all the purple on yesterday's work. Then I quilted in parallel (more or less) lines with various stitches in orange variegated thread. The back, which is paper, is a paper with butterflies on it, which I chose in honour of the centre of the SFRR centre, which was a butterfly.

Once that was done, I decided I had time to do my next block for my swap of Dear Jane blocks with Cathi - I knew this one wouldn't take long, but I am still one behind, so I wanted a quick one. Also, I wanted to have this done in time to send it to Cathi with a birthday card as her birthday is coming up very soon (25th of March - go wish her happy birthday on her blog!) . I did actually give her an early birthday present when she was here visiting, but I'll send a card in the post anyway, so she gets it nearer the day.

I decided not to do any sewing this afternoon, but instead to sit down (after we went to a local jumble sale) and (ready for this?) read a book. Amazingly enough, I managed to do this for two hours or so, mostly uninterrupted. That was probably helped by Alex being at a birthday party, I admit.

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

Your journal quilt is really nice!

Di said...

I really like your curved flying geese. How did you do them? Foundation pieced?

Myra said...

Your journal quilt is very striking. Those curved geese just add so much movement to the piece. What are you going to do with all of your journal quilts at the end of the year?

artisbliss said...

The flying geese block really has a lot of movement in it. I like it.

Anonymous said...

I think this is the best journal quilt yet! It's stunning.

Angela said...

I really like your journal page. I've never tried any flying geese, let alone curved ones they look pretty complicated to me!