Sunday, March 16, 2008

Journal Quilt Week 18: Washers and buttons



Today's goal was to do an ATC for Anna's challenge (she sent buttons and/or washers to people (free) with a challenge to use them in their work and send her an ATC using the items by the end of March). So I decided to do some ATCs and my journal quilt for the week (not leaving it until Saturday for a change!) with the items in question. I started with a piece of discharged fabric, added some small squares of hand-dyes and then free motion quilted over it - in many places, following the shape of the discharge, in other places, just making it up as I went along. I then added lace, washers, angelina, buttons, jewels, watch gears and little faces (the washers are under the watch gears). And I used some Treasure Gold in various colours over the lace. Technically, neither the ATC nor the Journal Quilt Piece is finished yet as they aren't backed or edged, so I won't cross them off the goals list, but I should think I'll finish them tomorrow, even if I only get a little sewing time.

One of the ATCs on the right will go to Anna (not sure which one yet) but the other two will go elsewhere - if you read my blog regularly you will probably be able to guess what I have in mind :) Watch (as they say) this space.
Then, this afternoon, while supervising homework projects, I made myself a bunch of new faces and words as I am running low on them - or at least, on my favourites. This should hold me for a while, I think...

2 comments:

carole brungar said...

Hi Kate, I love those faces! What type of clay did you use? Carole

Nikki said...

Great faces and words. At first, I thought the photo was a painted fabric. Upon closer examination I saw the little faces.