Saturday, March 01, 2008

Goals!

Firstly, yes it's true, I didn't blog yesterday - don't panic, I'm ok, there was just nothing to say or show... I spent the day at school helping with a wheelathon and although there was a little post at home, there was nothing quilt related, so I didn't bother to blog. It happens (not very often, I know...)

I've decided that I quite liked the idea of keeping a list of goals for the week - for one thing, it does help if I have specific things that have actual deadlines. And also, it keeps me from floundering around, trying to work out what I want to work on. I've been keeping a little list on a scrap of paper for a few weeks, and as it seems to be helping, I thought I'd make it official and try to do it on my blog. So, I'm going to do it on Saturdays - probably in the morning - mainly because I decided today to do it and it's Saturday. And also because I have other things (giveaway draw, giveaway) I do on Sundays and Mondays in addition to regular blog postings. So, here's this week's list of things I'd like to accomplish. I may not get to them all, I may do some other things as well or instead, but it's a guide, that's all.
  1. Make at least one block for the March birthdays in the birthday block swap (deadline - 31/3)
  2. set of 5 postcards for theme "Purple Haze" for Arts in the Mail (deadline - 5/3)
  3. work on "double inchies" for Fibre Art Bits (2x2 squares - 4 sets of 5 - any theme) (deadline - 25/3)
  4. Journal Quilt for the week (deadline 8/3)
  5. make at least one pencil roll for one of Alex's many upcoming parties (deadline 8/3)
  6. finish blocks for Hawaiian Double Four Patch (3 to go!) and assemble blocks into top; assemble other two sets of Hawaiian blocks into quilt tops
  7. sew black/brown/red courthouse steps blocks into quilt top
  8. make one panel (6" square) for my dyehard/surfacing 2008 quilt project

That's enough. I actually, as it happens, have done part of one of these things already, but I did write the list this morning before I did any sewing - I just didn't blog it until now!

4 comments:

Pascale said...

Very nice blog, and what creativity, i wish I was doing half as much everyday.

McIrish Annie said...

I've done the list thing in the past and it really helps. Although I still get sidetracked :), it happens less often with a list of goals.

carrie said...

Good idea!

sewkalico said...

9. Make an African block now and again? hee hee