Saturday, March 08, 2008

Journal Quilt Project - Week 16



As I mentioned in my new goals list, I did manage to (just) finish my journal quilt for the week in time. I had intended to work on it on Friday, but of course, I lost Friday (although for once, I know precisely where the lost day went, which is a little comfort, lol). Oh well, these things happen!

Anyway, I decided to tackle it first thing this morning before taking Sarh to tennis and then Alex to a birthday party after lunch (my kids have far more social life than I do!). Many weeks I have a good idea what I want to do the JQ about, but this week, there wasn't anything that stood out, so I just went with my desire to use some of the Japanese fabrics I've started accumulating. I've been itching to do something with them, though no specific ideas just what, so I just made a few nine patches and sewed them together randomly. It was a nice, relaxing piece, with nothing more taxing to it than working out how I wanted to place the nine-patches.



And I got these two items in the post - the glue gun is because of the March challenge in the Textile Challenges group - not sure what I'm supposed to do with it, but it's a glue gun challenge and I didn't have one. I decided that if I could find one for under a fiver, I'd play along, and thanks to eBay, no problem. Now I just have to work out what I'm supposed to do!

The card is for the Purple Haze theme, from Priscilla.

Oddly enough, I was actually in a fabric store today and didn't buy anything - there's a new shop in Kingston, which I happened to be walking past, but although it has a nice selection of bits and pieces and lots of interesting fabric (but not quilting cotton) there wasn't anything I really needed - or even wanted. And the fact that I was trying to hold a cup of Starbucks coffee without dripping it in the shop probably helped keep me from trying to pick anything up...

5 comments:

Carol said...

Hey Kate, glad ou got a reasonable glue gun. The instructions are in the files section of the group for the glue gn challenge. Hope you have fun!

Unknown said...

Oh dear Kate - send for the paramedics - you're obviously not at all well entering a fabric shop and not finding something to buy - hope it's not catching, mind you my DH will probably be sending me round for cross-infection if it is contageous! :o)

Ana C. said...

Hi Kate,
I`ve been tagged to tell 7 things about me, now I have to pass it to 7 other people, and I chose you :o)

Judi said...

Great journal cover.

You will find all kinds of things to use that glue gun for after using it once youll why you didn't have one sooner.

Sherry said...

so glad to hear the journal quilts are alive and well--sorry I've been offline for a bit. love your artwork!