Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Funky circle quilt a success...

Well, here's the completed funky circles quilt - finishing a top certainly goes a lot faster when a) it's small to start with and b) you tie it rather than quilting it. That said, I'll have another one finished shortly, and a bigger one than that, but that's by the expedient of sending it to the longarm quilter... I decided to actually pay my friend Lana to do some of my quilts that are hanging around, otherwise they might never get done, especially the ones requiring custom work, which I don't really feel confident to undertake myself.

Gave the quilt to Caroline this morning and she loves it - and as expected, it looks great in her conservatory room (the room has walls at the sides, but windows at the back and a glass roof, so it's sort of half conservatory, half room) - the walls are terracotta in colour, so you can imagine it's well suited. Some detail photos below...






I'm very pleased with how it turned out, and of course that it's one fewer project sitting around unfinished. I don't mind unfinished projects, but it is a bit silly to have something completely ready, top and back, and have it just sitting there. I think a few more of my quilts might be going to get tied...


And finally, here's an item from today's post - a card for the Picture Frame swap, from Evelyn in Germany. I enjoyed doing the picture frame cards, might use that technique on a future card, just for fun. Particularly useful if you have a central image which is just not quite larger enough.

Didn't get any work done today, but it's been one of those days. Probably won't get much done tomorrow, but might manage a little between helping at school & having my groceries delivered - at least I don't have to go out and get them, as that would eat up the entire afternoon... Hurray for Ocado.

No comments: