Friday, April 08, 2011

Block Stash, part 1



Although I've been de-stashing, getting rid of block and tops I may never use and generally thinning out my quilt related stuff, I still do have a number of sets of blocks hanging about (as one does). Thought I'd share...

I have 17 (can't count) brightly coloured Tic-Tac-Toe blocks. These blocks are Julie's fault. And maybe Sophie's fault, too (not my fault, of course!). See, back a while ago Sophie chose a tic-tac-toe block for the Block Lotto, though that was bright colours on a white background. Then Julie came to London for her annual visit in February (2010, this is) and brought me 3 of these inverse blocks as a gift. So I made enough more for a small quilt top and then - nothing. This is partly because I can't decide if I want to sash the blocks or do a straight set. And partly inertia!



Ok, these blocks are 48 x 9" squares which I made back in (apparently) July 2008. There's really no excuse for not doing anything with them.





These are 36 each of 10" scrappy log cabins in warm and cool colours, respectively. This was an exercise back in March 2010 to emtpy my scrap basket and it made a good dent in it. I haven't yet done anything with the blocks, but it's a step in the right direction.

3 comments:

Lynn W. said...

You've got some mighty interesting orphans there. I have quite a few mellowing in the closet myself but have gotten a few of them into tops. Now to actually get them quilted, bound and out the door ...

Sarah Craig said...

Very cool blocks! The next time you want a quick project, you're halfway there!

Unknown said...

I'd never seen the inverse tic-tac-toe blocks before but they are really rather cool! Would be fun if you could find a border fabric with Xs and Os in it!!!