Saturday, April 23, 2011

Blue & White Batiks



While tidying up my drawer of batik fabrics the other week, I found these, which I was given a long time again (in exchange for some other type of fabric someone was seeking, I think) and which I've never done anything with because of the effort involved in working out just what to do...

There are about 16 or 17 different pieces - most are about 10 inches square, give or take, and the others are what's left of a 10 inch square, if you cut a 5" square from it - approximately.



I couldn't decide whether to put them with blue...



...or with white, so in the end, I have used both. I haven't taken any photos yet of what I'm doing with them, but will do so in the next few days.

5 comments:

Lynne said...

Oooh, I can't wait to see what you do.

sewkalico said...

Can't wait to see what you do either - they look yummy. Happy Easter to you and yours!

Ruth's Place said...

Oh, I can't wait to see either. Impatient lot aren't we? lol.

Lynn W. said...

Interesting prints. Years ago I bought fabric from an "indigo" vendor at a show fabric that looks similar but in reds. Like you, I haven't done anything with mine yet. They are heavier, or more coarsely woven, fabrics. Some day I'll figure it out and I hope you do, too.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I have some fabrics like that in my stash...look forward to seeing what you make with them!