Thursday, April 14, 2011

Stained Glass - now what?

Or, more to the point, now that it's a finished top, what about the quilting? Not that I'll get to it particularly soon, but any suggestions would be welcome.

In the end, I decided to do the border this way - I did play around with something else:

but decided it was too busy (this shows the top folded in half with some test blogs on the side), so went with the above design.


greelyrita said...

Wow! That sure turned out beautiful!! I like how you finished off the borders and agree that it's nicer than the other way. Are you going to machine quilt it on your sewing maching or on a frame? On a frame I think I would put some kind of stipple. On your sewing machine, I think I would sew along all the black edges.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks absolutely amazing! I haven't got any quilting ideas...(great help I know!) but I'm sure what ever you do will look fabulous!

Benta At SLIKstitches said...

Kate, it's lovely! I can't help with quilting, I'm an in the ditch or echo girl, but I love the flimsy!

quiltmom said...

I do love all the beautiful jewel tones in your quilt- its a fabulous design and is going to be a well loved quilt.
Thanks for sharing.

Sarah Craig said...

It's beautiful, Kate! I'm not sure how to quilt it - straight line quilting might be the way to go, echoing the black lines. It's always the hardest thing to decide, how to quilt something!

Vicki W said...

That turned out fantastic! I would do a lot of custom quilting on that one.