Well, as my April goals and deadlines are proceeding along apace, I decided to tackle something I've been ignoring - my sawtooth cats. I had planned to make one a month starting in February, but it just wasn't happening. Not sure why, as they aren't that hard, but somehow I lacked motivation. It might be simply that there are lots of pieces to sort out for each one - even after you do the backs - and because of the layout, they aren't necessarily the same in each block - and so on. However, today I got stuck into it and made 6 blocks! The bottom left two (the backs for these were already done), and the group of four in the centre. Tomorrow I will try to do some more, as I am in the mood now and also, having worked on it today, it's fresh in my mind and will hopefully be less hassle to figure out because of that.
In theory, this quilt will be for my mother's spare bedroom, but she tells me there's no hurry for it, as she will have to repaint the bedroom if the quilt is to look good in there. I am thinking I might try to get it done for her next visit, which is in July. We'll see, but it somehow doesn't seem quite as insurmountable an obstacle as before!