Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Weird beaded card...




Today I edged some purple postcards. The purple and pink ones are mainly for the pink & purple swap - I worked on them the other day, but didn't get to edging them until today. Two of them will go to people on my birthday postcard group list. The other card (with the beads) is for the July challenge on Arts in the Mail, which was beading. I was trying to do something a little freeform and funky, but think I probably only acheived weird. :) But the colours are pretty, at least.

I'm not getting nearly as much work done as I normally do (you may have noticed) - obviously this is partly due to the kids being home for the holidays, but also due to my mother being here, and just a bunch of stuff. Today, for instance, I spent most of the day emptying everything out of the brick shed in the back garden, laying the wet things out in the sun to dry, cleaning it out (including a few small puddles of water), making a big pile of stuff to go to the tip (some just junk, a few things water damaged, though nothing important - just stupid stuff you have in your shed, like a billion old tennis balls and the offcut from the roll of vinyl flooring in your kitchen (we had two - one seemed fine, if a little damp, the other was discoloured for the 8 or so inches that had obviously sat overnight in water) and so on). And then, of course, putting everything back IN the shed. Ah, the joys of the British Summer (but I do keep telling myself that it wasn't in the house, for which we are intensely grateful).

1 comment:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

We keep meaning to clean out our garage in the same manner...but the cleaning bug hasn't hit us yet...I need to be in the right mood...even though I know I'll feel better for it after! Glad to hear your shed is in order...more room for throwing things into it over the coming winter :o)