Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Just two things to show today - the start of another little piece which will have faces on it in some manner - like the blue sunprint, only different. I am trying to quilt this piece to look a little like flames - easier said than done!
And on the right, a dual purpose card - this card is the prototype for a series of sunset cards for BQLPC coming up in a few weeks, but also, it's for the August Challenge (Slash and Burn) on Arts in the Mail - I used burned Angelina film on the card - hard to see in the photo, but it's there, with lovely crinkles and holes in it. I tried to burn/melt lutradur, but although I can cut through it with my soldering iron, the regular iron isn't hot enough to melt it - I think you really need a heat tool. Oh well. It's still fun, even if I can't melt it.
Just a reminder to everyone - I will be on holiday in Ireland from tomorrow (actually, tomorrow will be mostly driving and sailing), but I will be checking in regularly (if not daily) and will do the blogversary draw on the 26th, with Cathi to help. The only thing I won't be able to do is report on post received, so if you are in a swap with me and don't see that I've received your card, don't worry, I'll acknowledge them all after I get back (2nd Sept).