Sunday, August 05, 2007

Odds and ends



An odd assortment of stuff got worked on today - partly, it was just really hot and who feels like doing anything that involves keeping the iron on, when it's hot... So I worked on the quiltswap piece, which might actually get done after all (it was beginning to look as though it wouldn't). I did a lot of free motion quilting on it today - it looks ok, though not brilliant. But it did acheive the effect of really making the pockets stand out, which is what I wanted, so I guess it was successful in that respect. It still wants something, I think maybe strands of beads dangling off it. We'll see. Binding attached ready to stitch down, so at least it's nearly a completed stage.


Another thing I worked on is a piece for the sheers swap on FAI - it will get cut up into postcard sized pieces (in fact, it already has done, but that was after this photo). I did the usual (for me) sort of stitching organza on top of an interestesting piece of fabric, then using the soldering iron to remove pieces here and there. I'll do something else with the cards, too, but not sure what yet. And it strikes me that the August challenge for Arts in the Mail is to do with burning or melting, so I may be able to kill several birds with one stone here...

And finally, I made a little doll-type form for one of my lovely faces which Dy sent me a while back - the intention is to bead the form, as the spirit dolls one sees are beaded. I've actually made a start on it, but of course, that was after the photo was taken (well, I have to save SOMETHING for tomorrow, in case I don't get any work done - a real possibility, as we have to take Grandma to the airport, which will eat several hours of time.)

1 comment:

Bimbimbie said...

Kate, I really like your beaded doll idea - is it very fiddly to add the beads to her?