Sunday, August 19, 2007

I'm back...

...and seem to have survived the visit to my MIL without a computer for several days. I compensated by reading (or rather, finishing) the last Harry Potter novel. I enjoyed it. I'm a bit sorry there will never be any more, but it was fun while it lasted.

Anyway. Here's the fun stuff I came back home to:



Two postcards (actually, four, but two were my own coming back) - the left is a very belated picture frame card, which I had forgotten was outstanding still, so that was a nice surprise - it's from Sue. The right is a card for the contrasts swap, from Annette, who says "Navy representing the night sky contrasting with fire orange of central earth. The phoenix just seemed to contrast and represent both elements." I thought the fact that a phoenix card arrived while I was reading Harry Potter was fitting...



These two pieces are CCRRs - both from Karen - the left is for me to work on (in September) and the right is my own one back (which wasn't due back until October, but there are overacheivers in my group). It looks fabulous, and it will be very interesting to see what the other piece, which started out life exactly the same, looks like in the end. I will work on the left on in September - not sure what I will do yet, but I might use some of the new goodies I bought at the FoQ (which I will tell about in a separate post)...

No comments: