Saturday, August 04, 2007

Sunny day = sunprinting




Well, I feel almost back to normal - I took some time this morning to sew (rather than go out and do stuff) - first I put together two cats to make a double cat unit, then I paper-pieced a block for the birthday block swap - this is the block for Vicky, the person who wants "summer". I had decided not to make the star I've been making for lots of others, as it didn't feel very summery to me, but I wasn't sure what I was going to do. Another Vicky (I seem to know lots of Vickys these days) commented on my blog that I might do an Ocean Waves block - and I considered that, but decided in the end that Ocean Waves doesn't really look that good as a single block. However, while I was contemplating that, I suddenly thought of Storm at Sea, which is a lovely block, with interesting movement, and decided to go for it. This photo is a bit dark - what looks here like a dark red is actually nearer to fuschia, and I'm not sure how well you can tell I've used two different turquoisey fabrics (the outer one has some green in it, too). I think the block is very summery, and hope Vicky will like it.

Also today did some sun-printing with the kids - I need to do some for a swap on my dyeing group and it just hasn't been sunny until the past week. Did three pieces today, and need to do some more next week. Luckily, the sun looks like it might co-operate... The kids did some pieces too (of course - can't possibly sunprint here without the kids getting involved), photos of which are on the family blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Kate, I am happy we are both in Arts in the Mail, I have the chance to check more of your great work!