Friday, August 24, 2007

Mum's faces



Hey, another post! But I forgot that I had this photo in my email - these are some faces that my mother made - she was in Joann's (my mum lives in the US) and saw some Fimo and moulds, and decided to have a go. As she's a potter, she intends to try the mould with firing clay too, to see what happens, but I have no reports as to whether that will work or not yet. Anyway, these are fairly cool, although (and she agrees) these faces are a little more realistic than is ideal for me.

1 comment:

AmyB said...

Kate, I'm glad you posted these -- they jogged my memory. I know you tried cooking spray as a release for the molds... I wondered if popping the tray into the freezer for a little bit would "finish the job" and let the faces keep all their parts (and you keep your sanity). I remember my mom doing that years ago with chocolate molds...