Saturday, June 11, 2011

Rainbow Scraps



Yes, I have really sorted my scrap basket into colours. This is not a permanent state of affairs, mind you - in future, I will go back to just dumping scraps in there. But I was influenced by two things - the first being Jane's comment that she had made crumb blocks monochromatically before and it was a great way of making them less busy. What a good idea, I thought, but honestly, would I ever take the time to organise my tiny scraps by colour? Probably not. That was before BBC4 decided to show series two of the Yellow Bird series of Wallander again (not the original series, but the ones with Krister Henriksson) on Saturday nights. This is a great show, I love it. I'm a fan of detective fiction anyway, and this one is really well done - low-key, interesting stories, good acting. However. It's in Swedish. With English subtitles. As I don't speak Swedish, if I want to have any chance at all of understanding what's going on, I really need to read the subtitles - which means looking at the screen far more frequently than I would while watching something in English. Which means, no cross-stitch. I find it very hard to just sit there and do nothing with my hands, though, so I thought - perfect project for this evening. Olivia helped as well, so now I have very well sorted scraps. Who knows what I'll do next Saturday, though...

3 comments:

Lynne said...

I would never have thought of sorting scraps while watching television possibly because I don't have that many scraps (yet) and because I usually knit in front of the TV.

Sarah Craig said...

That's a great idea - I have tubs of scraps that need to be sorted -maybe I should start doing it while watching tv!! And I love your new header....

Needled Mom said...

It is a great idea to color sort. It must be a monumental job!!