Thursday, June 30, 2011

6 months of daily blogging


I don't know if any of you have noticed, but I made a decision this year that I would try to blog in my art blog every day this year and so far, I have managed to put up a post for every day. Amazingly, we are halfway through 2011 (I know! Where did it go?) so I thought I'd mention it...

So, have I really blogged every day? Well, no, not quite - there have been days when I just didn't manage it and blogged the following day, and days when I knew I wouldn't be there to do it, so wrote a post earlier and scheduled it for the day I knew would be hard to make. And apparently, one day in May when I blogged twice, unless May has suddenly acquired an extra day! Am I ok with that? Sure, that's the way things go. And by having a blog post every day, even if I have to sometimes do them on different days, it does break up my blogging into small, manageable chunks, which I like, and I imagine my readers like as well.



Have I managed to do something arty every day I blogged? I wish! But what I have done is divide stuff into related sections - so if I have an entire weekend day to play and do four different things, I do spread them out over the week's blogging. I think the posts read better that way anyway...


On another note, I've been playing around with Picasa a little (not too much - don't need another addiction) and have made some mosaics - the top being a selection of things I made in 2011 so far, the middle one being a selection of ATCs made in May and June and the bottom being sewing projects worked on in June. I might do a monthly ATC mosaic and a monthly sewing mosaic - or maybe not - no promises, other than the fact that I'm going to carry on trying to blog daily wherever possible in 2011. I'm not quite sure what I'll do when I'm on holiday, though I did figure out how to blog, including photos, from my phone, so you never know!


7 comments:

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

Congratulations on your 6 months of daily blogging. Sounds like we both started out the year with the same thought. I too set the same goal. Some days it's been difficult but so far I feel really good about what I've accomplished and you should also. I missed one day (sort of) but my blog was written it was just that Blogspot was being difficult so the post went out the following morning. Keep up the good job.

sewkalico said...

No wonder I can't keep up with you and your creativity! :-)

Lynne said...

I love reading your blog daily.

I fell into blogging daily completely by accident! I had seven months away from blogging while all my computer time got swallowed up in researching the family tree and writing a book for my mother about my findings. When I came back in February, I decided to blog for myself and if others read it - great! I now have more followers than I did when I confined myself to posts about knitting approximately once a week!

Sarah Craig said...

Good for you, Kate! I do enjoy reading your blog!!

Happy walker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kathy said...

I love reading your blog. It makes me feel as if we were in touch, despite the distance between our homes. And I really enjoy seeing all the wonderful projects you are involved in. However, I wish you would blog more often on the family blog. I miss knowing what my grandchildren are doing.
love,
Mom

Quilter Kathy said...

Very cool...love the mosaics! I enjoy reading your blog...you are very inspiring!