Sunday, June 26, 2011

Farmer's Wife block 4


no 79, Silver Lane.

Had enough time this afternoon to put together another Farmer's Wife block - this one was quite tricky, with some oddly shaped pieces and lots of little bits. I'm not totally happy with it - might redo it later - but it will do for the moment.

I'm doing these blocks in the order in which they appear in the narrative part of the book at the front (which is why the block numbers seem quite random), and in theory that's a good thing because if left to my own devices, I'd probably choose all the easy ones first and then be stuck with all the hard ones at the end. However, the first few have been quite complicated blocks with lots of pieces, so it will be a bit of a relief to get to the next pair, which are much simpler!

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That one does look a bit tricky. The easier ones will be a relief. The colors are awfully pretty in this one.

floribunda said...

I'm trying so hard to not get sucked into this quilt, but everyone's blocks are so interesting! (after the Nearly Insane project, I thought I had sworn off these huge samplers... but they're fascinating to do)